Archived Ask a benefits adviser [CLOSED]
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

What help can I get

I get the lower rate pip and can you tell me do I get any help with dental treatment and glasses etc.. Many thanks. 


  • LiamO_DellLiamO_Dell Member Posts: 1,114 Pioneering
    Hi @uncfingers3,

    Disability Rights UK have a useful factsheet on their website about the different exemptions from dental treatment, perscriptions etc. which might be of interest to you.

    I have also moved this post into our 'Ask a Benefits Advisor' category, where @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to advise further.
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi uncfingers3 

    dental treatment is free for those who receive income-based benefits such as Income Support and income-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). Low rate PIP is not among these, and will not entitle you to free dental in itsself, but it may be that as a result of the PIP you should be getting some other benefits.

    If you want to post all your household income and capital then we can do a benefit check, however if you don't fancy posting that online (and I would understand if you didn't!) then you could go to a Money Advice Service or Citizens Advice who could probably do you a benefit check - also local councils sometimes have benefit check services for people on PIP.

    You could also have a look online at or

    Hope this helps!

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.