Manditory reconsideration question — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Manditory reconsideration question

ocdman Member Posts: 55 Connected
I received my pip decision today and received no points for either the daily living or mobility.So im going to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. At my medical I complained on the day to the centre manager and followed up by puting in a complaint to atos in writing. There was an explanation of the refusal  included but it did not reflect was I has put in on my original application or what I said at the medical. As I complained about the medical to atos and the centre manager I wonder if when I ask for the mandatory reconsideration should I include my complaint I made to atos saying something like I believe the medical did not give me the opportunity to fully put things across ? .


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    First of all you should ask for a copy of the HCP report. This will help you putting your case for MR and appeal if necessary.
    Although making a complaint is imporrtant if you are agrieved, this will not score you any points and probably best to do it separately. Concentrate your MR on proving that you meet the relevant descriptors.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi ocdman,

    I agree with CockneyRebel. You need to focus on the activities on the decision notice and explain what help you need from another person or an aid. By all means, you can state that you don't think the HCP considered your difficulties correctly but that doesn't tend to make a difference. What would really help is some medical evidence from your GP or any other medical professionals involved in your care as that, to be honest, is the only way of getting a MR decided in your favour. Good luck!

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.