Hi, my name is mandygar13 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mandygar13

Options
mandygar13p
mandygar13p Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer from fibromyalgia, osteo arthritis, diabetes type 2, IBS, diverticulitis, Muscular skeletal syndrome, spondilitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and I'm hard of hearing on top of this im having investigations into whether I have shogeans syndrome.  I too am in the benefit trap...before pip i was on high ska for life now I've lost all my benefits, my husband has lost his carers allowance and ive appalled ive lost that so I've had to reapply saying ive had a change which I have of medication which I take high amounts of pain relief including morphine patches and oramorph..i can no longer drive and i just don't see the point of life anymore oh yes I suffer anxiety and severe depression

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Mandy and welcome
    So sorry you are going through this.
    When applying for PIP try to get to know the system. PIP is a test of functionality.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk

have a self test which is a good place to start.
    There is no waiting time to reapply for PIP if you have no award in payment so you don't need to report a change of circumstance.
    Please ask any questions, everyone here will help as much as they can

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mandygar13p

Good mourning it's great too have you onboard.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are another one of the growing number of people stuck in the PIP system.

Please please go to our home page where you will find lots of info on PIP.

You will also find a Benefits Advisor who will be ideal for you in your current predicament.

We also have a Benefit Calculator where you can use too find out what Benefits are potentially available.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mandygar13p welcome to the community, I am so sorry to hear you are having such a tough time.   You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.