Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Pip declined decision overturned by tribunal
I wanted to post on here regarding my experience of my pip claim. I have epilepsy and have suffered with this for 27 yrs. I am 38 and have always worked since leaving school however it has never been 100% controlled even on medication. I have daily seizures of a severe kind. I was told I didn't qualify for pip as I looked well when the interview took place. Medical evidence they had supported all facts of me breeding care due to my regular seizures. Tribunal then overturned my decision based on same medical evidence dwp had been supplied with. Epilepsy seems to be a condition that is difficult to asses on the scoring system as it is worse cases happen anytime. Anyone that has this condition and has been declined I wouldn't give up and would certainly appeal as you are only claiming for something you deserve
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.