Pip declined decision overturned by tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip declined decision overturned by tribunal

purplerain
purplerain Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I wanted to post on here regarding my experience of my pip claim. I have epilepsy and have suffered with this for 27 yrs. I am 38 and have always worked since leaving school however it has never been 100% controlled even on medication. I have daily seizures of a severe kind. I was told I didn't qualify for pip as I looked well when the interview took place. Medical evidence they had supported all facts of me breeding care due to my regular seizures. Tribunal then overturned my decision based on same medical evidence dwp had been supplied with. Epilepsy seems to be a condition that is difficult to asses on the scoring system as it is worse cases happen anytime. Anyone that has this condition and has been declined I wouldn't give up and would certainly appeal as you are only claiming for something you deserve 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.