Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Can anyone help?my partner went from highest rate for both care and mobility parts of PIP but when reassessment done earlier this year2017,he scored a big 0 !!! All PIP stopped dispite disability slightly worse for definite.Mandatory reconsideration made NO difference so tribuneral forms completed and sent in May but still no word from PIP,meantime had ESA assessment which was successful.In last few weeks same illness/condition has deteriorated as he had cardiac arrest and end result he now has a I.C.D.fitted(defibrillator)incase same thing happens.What should he do?as don't want to lose out on backdated payments if win and will he lose any backdated payout if has to start new appeal?Any help would be great and hope i have made some sense,thankyou.x
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.