PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Sammorton1234
Sammorton1234 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone help?my partner went from highest rate for both care and mobility parts of PIP but when reassessment done earlier this year2017,he scored a big 0 !!! All PIP stopped dispite disability slightly worse for definite.Mandatory reconsideration made NO difference so tribuneral forms completed and sent in May but still no word from PIP,meantime had ESA assessment which was successful.In last few weeks same illness/condition has deteriorated as he had cardiac arrest and end result he now has a I.C.D.fitted(defibrillator)incase same thing happens.What should he do?as don't want to lose out on backdated payments if win and will he lose any backdated payout if has to start new appeal?Any help would be great and hope i have made some sense,thankyou.x

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hi @Sammorton1234

A very very big welcome to you to our online community/website I do hope that we can help you with this ???

Yes you have made plenty of sense to me "don't worry"

But please please come back to me if I can help/support you with anything else .

• Sammorton1234
    Sammorton1234 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Steve51 thankyou for welcoming me to this amazing group,i feel less stressed already so thanks.Will benefits adv.team reply back to me?xx
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sammorton1234

That's no problem at all, please please let me know if I can help you further ???

l can check that out for you if that would be helpful ????

Many thanks.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Can anyone help?my partner went from highest rate for both care and mobility parts of PIP but when reassessment done earlier this year2017,he scored a big 0 !!! All PIP stopped dispite disability slightly worse for definite.Mandatory reconsideration made NO difference so tribuneral forms completed and sent in May but still no word from PIP,meantime had ESA assessment which was successful.In last few weeks same illness/condition has deteriorated as he had cardiac arrest and end result he now has a I.C.D.fitted(defibrillator)incase same thing happens.What should he do?as don't want to lose out on backdated payments if win and will he lose any backdated payout if has to start new appeal?Any help would be great and hope i have made some sense,thankyou.x
    While you are waiting for your tribunal there is nothing stopping you from submitting a new claim. There is no waiting time if there is no award in payment.
    The tribunal, if successfu, will pay any backdated payments up until the date of a new decision. If you receive a decision from the tribunal prior to a new decision you can discontinue the new claim and remain with the tribunal result.
    If the tribunal is unsuccesful ( success rate is around 65% ) you still have a new claim in progress with a new right of appeal. if needed

Hope that makes sense

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Thanks, @Steve51!

@Sammorton1234, I have moved this into our Ask a Benefits Advisor category for you. :)

In the meantime, you may find our page on 'appealing a DWP benefits decision' on our website of interest.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @Sammorton1234

@CockneyRebel is bang on with the advice above.

Where circumstances have significantly changed, the advice is to make a new claim, as the Tribunal will only be able to award PIP in line with how your partner was at the time of the refusal - new changes will not be accounted for.

Definitely still continue with the appeal though!

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• roxieh
    roxieh Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hi there I have no advice to offer you but I'm awaiting my pip review decision and expecting to loose it all, I don't no how your coping as I won't, pip is so bent and broken and those that genuinely need it are made to feel like lying scroungers , this process needs someone in politics with half a brain to see it's failings, yet another horror story of the government trying to save money with a corrupt system, I hope things work out for you x
  • rosie55
    rosie55 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
    I did this once on dla but remember everyone's case is different .
    Turned down on dla so it went to tribunal and they wanted medical records so adjourned it but dwp bloke told me to put a fresh claim in .
    So put a new claim in got awarded middle care and low mobility on that but went back to tribunal they turned it down so I didn.t get back payment on 1st claim but started payment on 2nd .
    Hope it makes sense ?x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.