Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP money paid 3 weeks in arrears
I recently got my award for pip and was happy with the out come.but on the letter i was informed that my money would be payed 3 weeks in arrears ,this means i will never see this money.When i phoned the pip regarding this the guy sad what do you mean you will never see this money,i said that if i was to pass away in 6 months time the money is gone for ever.He explained the money would go into my estate.So i will never see this money in my life time.I also said what would happen to this money if i had no next of kin,he could not answer me,but we all know it would go to the state. this is a absolute disgrace. Regard Mike.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.