PIP help — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP help

LynneR Member Posts: 13 Courageous
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hello my name is Lynne and I am my husband's representative at the PIP Tribunal on 13th September.  I am extremely worried about this as there are several setbacks.  He has physical problems in the form of a back injury which led to him getting DLA Mobility for life but when he had to be assessed for PIP he wasn't given any mobility points at all.  The HA lied on the report and the CM backed up her lies in a very unprofessional reply.  There is very little  that can be done about his condition, consequently he does not see a Medical profession frequently.  He has other problems as well which he has not mentioned to the Practice we are with now as they simply don''t have the time.  The GPs will not write supporting letters.  All of his medical problems started when we we lived in Yorkshire and if I want a copy of the notes prior to us registering with them it will cost me £50 to have some letters photocopied, which I can't pay.  He has adult dyslexia and dyspraxia which the HA dismissed and he doesn't have any Mental Health input.  It is extremely unlikely that he needs any Mental Health help for these conditions but they were totally dismissed.

I am unwell myself, I have PIP Mobility and Daily living and am awaiting foot surgery in October so I will be stuck in a huge orthopaedic boot on the day!  Last year my Dad died and I have been diagnosed woth "probable PTSD" but there is a waiting list of up to a year to get any help with that.  I am in no fit state to take this appeal on but my Husband can't do the writing and reading up that's needed.  He is intelligent and unfortunately that also went against him.

So that's me and sorry for the long ramble.


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,154 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LynneR

    Welcome to our website and online community.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your current problems.

    Can you please phone our helpline: 0808 800 3333.

    Hopefully they can provide you with the much needed help.

    Please come back to me if I can be off further help !!!!
  • Lynne53
    Lynne53 Member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Thanks Steve51, so much has happened over the last year for so that I've lost my fighting spirit. I check all my letters thoroughly but I don't know all the rules so we have been getting the disability premium after my husband changed from DLA to PIP and lost it all. I thought as I am on full PIP that I was still getting it, but found out about a month ago what the rules were and although I can barely function because the HA lied we have lost that and for the first time in my life I am in debt.
    I have PTSD after watching my father did and things are crowding in on me.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Lynne and welcome

    Your PIP story unfortunately is not uncommon. Take heart, Tribunal success is around 65% as all your evidence is looked at without the bias of the DWP.
    Your husband really shoud tell his GP about his other problems, they have to make time for him simple as that. Many GP's are so busy that they are unable to write letters of support, this system is adding to their burden. The tribunal can request evidence from your GP or any other specialist  if they feel it is needed.

    So many of us are simply "parked" by the medical profession if there is nothing more they can do and that make recent evidence hard to come by,

    Please come back if you need a chat or a rant or any other help. We are here to listen, help and support if we can

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.