Advice on complaint about institutional neglect. — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Advice on complaint about institutional neglect.

Tori_ladybug Member Posts: 2 Listener
I have a friend in hospital who is struggling getting listened to about their care. Social care does not show up even with an appointment. When complaints are made to the appropriate manager.. my friend feels their complaints are ignored and not all information they want to know is shared. They dont have the family support they need and I dont really have the ability to get there and raise my concerns. 


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,390 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello please can I advise I believe there is an advocate that represents social care or any NHS care.  I appointed a while ago a charity called RETHINK this is an advocate service which means they represent you speak for you and you can just sit while the person speaks on you behalf.  I use them in the past because I had some issues with my doctor.  It is worth having a look on line. RETHINK might not be in your area.  Hope that helps.  Also ask NHS patient body I think they have an advocate service.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.