Advice on complaint about institutional neglect. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on complaint about institutional neglect.

Options
Tori_ladybug
Tori_ladybug Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have a friend in hospital who is struggling getting listened to about their care. Social care does not show up even with an appointment. When complaints are made to the appropriate manager.. my friend feels their complaints are ignored and not all information they want to know is shared. They dont have the family support they need and I dont really have the ability to get there and raise my concerns. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello please can I advise I believe there is an advocate that represents social care or any NHS care.  I appointed a while ago a charity called RETHINK this is an advocate service which means they represent you speak for you and you can just sit while the person speaks on you behalf.  I use them in the past because I had some issues with my doctor.  It is worth having a look on line. RETHINK might not be in your area.  Hope that helps.  Also ask NHS patient body I think they have an advocate service.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.