Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Derek1951!
My wife has recently been awarded PIP (standard rate for care and mobility) she was previously on DLA Middle Rate and higher rate Mobility. The question of cutting and preparing a simple meal, has come back as 2 points saying she needs to use an appliance.? she does no preparing of vegetables as she has dermatitis & exzema . (on both hands) cronic.we won this on appeal on DLA.. needs assisting eating , cutting up food ,etc. swallowing /and choking problems. 0 points.We stated on the form she needs assistance getting in and out of bath and shower,(needed an aid or applince ) ? I assist ,(2 points) only.washing upper body and hair.,managing your treatments,(0 points) I assist her with meds ,sugar level monitoring.( 0 points) help dressing upper body 0 points and finding her way to unfamilier places, 0 points she requires my help, she does not go out of the house alone, I am there to assist her, needs my help. I do all budgeting . (Bills etc) (0 points.) she has been awarded 8 points in total, (care) and (10 points mobillity.) Some days needs hands dry bandaging as they crack and bleed.! any help or suggestions please. she is very upset and dissressed about the decisiion.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.