PIP...or maybe not! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP...or maybe not!

Options
ClydeBuilt
ClydeBuilt Community member Posts: 40 Connected
Having just had the ATOS/Salus test, which surprise surprise failed my mobility test, I appealed and am currently going trough the tribunal process. Only to recieve a call at home from DWP that I am now required to do another test for ESA !

Locally I have heard that failures on this are almost mandatory, so having passed the care component on PIP, you fail on ESA are are deemed fit for work, with a whole new set of hoops to jump through to appeal, with velied threats on stopping of benefits and being time-barred to appeal further.

You couldnt make this up....

Does anyone actually know what the dreaded DWP call leads to?
Was it in reality a 'test' of some kind?

Thank you
BN

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ESA reviews can happen at any time and in theory are not related to PIP awards.
    Did they say that they were sending you a new form to fill in for ESA ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ClydeBuilt
    Options
    DWP called my home to ask if would attend a medical tomorrow morning, as it was rush hour in a large city we declined, said they get back to me in a couple of weeks????
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I believe that you are entitled to 7 days notice. Also they are asking you to attend without the opportunity to update the information they have so you will be totally unprepared for the medical.
    This is not my area of knowledge so I hope one of the other members will be able to advise further

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ClydeBuilt
    Options
    I trust my dog to shuffle cards more than I trust these people.
    She said they had a couple of cancellations LOL

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.