Information on condition — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Information on condition

Options
wattycz1
wattycz1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
I have been diagnosed with cerebrovascular disease  (small vessel disease) and subjective memory impairment although over the past 12 months I think I and other people say that I am more withdrawn or not listening and forgetting things  spoke to my GP who sent me for counselling.  I have done some research to see if I am 100% dealing with depression and anxiety. So I put in the diagnosed conditions and other symptoms which i have...slowness of thought. Problems with concentration. Difficulty finding the right words.depression, mood swings and lack of interest or enthusiasm memory impairment so spoke to GP asked if the depression wasn't a symptom of something else he says not the case i always have to write everything down or I forget not that i am a doctor but I beg to differ. Everything points to Vascular dementia spoke to others in family and they dissmis i am looking for some advice or am going mad thanks 

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    You don't say whether you are on strong medication. Sometimes this can be a big factor. Now that I have to use strong opiate based pain killers, for example, my very good memory has become patchy. My speed of thought too has slowed.

I can't help with the other issues as I have no experience but be very careful of self diagnose using the internet. Cases and examples are often extremely generalised, often quoting ALL possible symptoms and side effects and, in some cases, wrong and misleading. Diagnosis is very specific to the individual.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.