JSA and disability premium but want to work at least part time advice needed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

JSA and disability premium but want to work at least part time advice needed

Sue52
Sue52 Community member Posts: 78 Courageous
Good morning all hope you are well. 

Posted here a while while ago about giving up my job, in the end they medically let me go. (I was ok with this). 
Was on ESA for a little while, had my result on Monday and received no points !!! 

Have now now applied for JSA and received the award text , I will be getting 105 per week , I am assuming this includes the disability premium as I receive PIP. 

My my question is that I could possibly be offered a part time role. Full time is no ,inter a option as my main RA is in both my wrists. 
16 hours work 
I will earn 128 per week, I have been reading that I can still claim JSA to help is this right. 

Many thanks 

Sue 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Sue

Are you challenging your ESA decision ?

Is your JSA contribution or income based ?
    Are you in a full UC area ?
    Do you have a partner ?

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sue52
    Hi CR 

Thank you for replying, I didn't challenge the decision as I was half asleep when they rang. They got me to do a application for JSA at the same time.. I am not sure if it is income based or contribution as I have not received the letter yet only a text message today. 

I am am not eligible for UC because I get PIP and do not have a partner 

many thanks and advice would be greatly appreciated

Sue 

• CockneyRebel
    Have you had the decision letter refusing your ESA ?
    If not then when you do you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration, which seldom changes the outcome but which then means you can take it to an appeal tribunal.
    You should also ask for a copy of the assessment report.

Did you work and pay NI for the last two years ?
    If so you should be on JSA contribution based

CR
  • Sue52
    Yes I have always worked up until this year. So that means I am on contribution based. Does that mean I can work part time. 

I got got a copy of the report it showed me in a light that I am fit for some work 

many thanks 

Sue 
  • Sue52
    Sorry work part time and stay on JSA or do I see if I can get working tax credits
  • CockneyRebel
    Sue52 said:
    Yes I have always worked up until this year. So that means I am on contribution based. Does that mean I can work part time. 

I got got a copy of the report it showed me in a light that I am fit for some work 

many thanks 

Sue 
    Yes you can work part time up to 16 hours

Do you agree with the report ?

Work of some kind is always a better option and as long as you are able to I would not challenge the ESA decision with all the associated stress.

I am sure that one of the advisors here will be on soon and may well have better info for you. I have tried my best  :) but ESA/JSA is not really my best subject, still learning

CR 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.