Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
moved from enhanced care and Mobility DLA for life to Standard care and mobility
I have been on DLA as far back as I can remember I have a Genetic from birth condition called Trisomy eight Mosaic, this year I had the dreaded Pip assessment, medical, farces what ever you want to call it anyhow I got standard care 9 points and standard mobility 10 points, yep I'm loosing my car and independence no I haven't had a miracle cure in fact my condition is far worst now than it ever been so I am now going to appeal. I'm just wondering about where to get help for this for on the day etc as Welfare rights is over whelmed cab does not go to appeals etc has anyone had this experience and can offer advice
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.