Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
DLA to PIP
Hi I have to fill in a form for pip as my dla had stopped. I was apparently forms last August but I swear I never got them and i called to ask for a letter of proof cause i am due to change my car at the end of Oct and i was told my money was ment to have been stopped in September last year. I depend on the Dla its my only way of getting to my daughter who is my career I am so lost without her. I need to help to get washed and dressed to clean to help do shopping basically everything I should be able to do. I had a back fusion operation 18 months ago and that also don't help me with being able to bend, when it's cold and also when it is wet my whole body feels like a coiled spring I hurt so bad. I take so many tablets I am sure I rattle when i walk including in those tablets are 3 diffrent strengths of opids. To see me from the outside u would see some kind of discomfort but it's nothing compared to the pain I am in 24/7 every day of the year. I would like if possible to get some info on how to present myself if i am not lucky enough to be granted pip also how can I word the pip form so that I will be granted it without any problem. Thank you for reading and look forward to ur replies. TheIceQween.
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 938 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.