Road to Resilience - thinking positively about the future - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Road to Resilience - thinking positively about the future

Options
2»

Comments

• RebeccaMHadvisor
    RebeccaMHadvisor Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Topkitten

I can understand about you feeling trapped in a catch22 situation and your frustrations with the Doctor who you saw. Although I hear your worries about not being able to access the community it is really important that you take care of your physical health.

I am wondering if during this time you feel that you could talk to the Samaritans or Mind for support?

Rebecca
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I appreciate the reply Rebecca but what I need is help and support. The Samaritans, however well intentioned, cannot do either. Whilst MIND can they can only help with the MH side-effects of getting little, if any, support with my physical problems. It is a battle I have been fighting for years. I am tired of fighting to get treated fairly. I am tired of being in more pain than I am supposed to be. I am tired of being ignored and I am tired of being treated with disrespect,

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I have spent more money than I can afford just to keep going for 7 weeks only to be told that maybe in a year I will be able to not drop things ALL the time and receive proper support for the intense pain I have recently been putting up with.

It isn't just that I don't want to live any more. It's now becoming almost a necessity that I no longer be treated so badly. Maybe my death will shake up the system enough for others to be treated properly and with respect.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.