Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
lonely what do you do ?
i don't know who to turn to anymore, i am a army wife hubby works away we get on great but i am also a carer for my daughter whom is 25yrs old due to move out so i should be looking for work, i have asked for some assistance with our local carer's centre but they have suggested voluntary work which I am ok with but will get bored with after a few weeks, I call my self an artist because i know i can do good with my paintings etc but just don't seem to have the enthusiasm anymore, by the time i've walked my dog, gone food shopping done appointments, cleaning, paperwork, cooking etc. life just gets in the way, oh & apparently i was diagnosed with bi-polar after the birth of my son, ( he is 9ys now ) & nope i didn't want to take drugs because i know some of the pills can dope u up, so i agreed to take lithum which has helped alot but i guess, they don't take away the empty friends gap away tho, i used to do many things but was finding that i was just attending random social gatherings with people i didn't really click with, the friends i do have i hardly see and well sometimes think people are just to busy to be bothered, isn't it sad that we are all stuck in our phones via social media to be in touch with people these days
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 938 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.