I would like to continue my computer courses but where abouts. — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I would like to continue my computer courses but where abouts.

Diligent500 Member Posts: 20
Hi to all,

Do you know where i can continue with my computer courses ive done levels 1 and 2 ecdl i need to do level three but dont know best place to do it at any advise would be appriciated.
If i did a part time job afterwards would i still be entitled to my esa.

Please reply asap.



  • Mwila_Scope
    Mwila_Scope Scope Support to Work service Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Hi @Diligent500
    Hope you're well and thank you for your question. Are you looking to complete your level 3 ECDL course online or would you prefer classroom based, if so, what areas would be easy for you to get to?

    In relation to working once you've completed your course, as an ESA recipient, you can entitled to carry out Permitted Work . This allows you to carry out paid or unpaid work with out it affected your ESA claim, as long as the work you carry out equates to 16 hours a week and your earnings do not surpass £120 a week. You can read more about permitted hours here:  

    Once you have completed your ECDL course and feel you would like some support to progress into work, feel free to contact Scopes Support to Work service. Support to Work provides online support to disabled people to help with seeking employment through assessing employability skills and support with CV and interview techniques. 
    To find out more about the service and register your interest, you can do so at; www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork 
    Alternatively, you can contact us on 0300 22 5742 or email [email protected]
    Hope that helps,
    Kind regards

    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: [email protected]


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.