Pip Report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Report

2»

Comments

• Jude62
    Jude62 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Thank you guys we're all in the same boat hopefully not the titanic!!
  • Jude62
    Hi guys i'm up at this early hour as I have had my gallbladder removed and now a nasty chesty cough.

Anyway no word on my decision yet I have rang them twice and one said oh yes they have it a long time i'll chase it up that was last Tuesday.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope everything went well @Jude62, and wishing you a speedy recovery! 
  • Jude62
    Post been nothing did'nt get it I am going tp appeal I am in tears I. Wiill not let this person who knows nothing bout me win.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, @Jude62. It might seem overwhelming now but there are loads of Online Community members (who unfortunately have been in similar positions) and advisors to help you out with the appeals process.

When you're feeling up to it, this information on appealing a DWP decision is a good place to start. Let us know how it goes and we'll do what we can to support you.
  • Jude62
  • Jude62
    Ok since 1998 diagnosed with curvature of the spine with polyarthritis of the joints then got worse in constant pain with my back I had an mri scan and was told I have multilevel degenerative disc disease and spondylitis of the spine to add to that depression then rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis 2012 had a brain scan which showed Chearing malformation of the Brain which is a painful condition and it effects my spine I take seizures now and again this is getting worse and my gp told my husband there is no cure so there you have it.
  • Jude62
    I was awarded DLA around the 90s can' the remember date I had the papers to prove it then whenter I rang up they said no you haven't won!!!! 9 year ago I won my appeal so am I better of course not worse.
  • Jude62
    Hi all I have medical letters  from my gp and rheumatologist who tells me my osteoarthritis is progressive my knees etc hip back are progressive my spine is worse my big toe has hardly any movement which causes me lot of pain I have been told that I have degenerative disc disease. THE pip told me to send this evidence and ask for a mandatory decision if it still no then I will  appeal.  To be told this news and now there is medical evidence.
  • Jude62
    Hello but don't you think I have already done this! and the medical letters state what I can do and not do, I think you are mis reading what I have said not being nasty but I am sick to the back teeth when a pip person says my hands are normal when they have been xrayed and i have bone wastge and progressive osteoarthritis, depression, degenerative disc disease, brain disorder, hip problems need i go on!!!!!!!!!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I got fed up having to go over the same material time and again 
    and felt like screaming.  But it was worth it in the end as PIP tribunal awarded me enhanced both elements.
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    The decision is based more on the effects of the activities on your day to day living rather than your actual disability. Look at the DWP guide to assessors and reflect that on your facts. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.