Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I have osteoarthritis in most of my joints and spine plus other spinal problems. I have always managed and recovered well from multiple surgeries. I had an ankle fusion on 4th October and can't put any weight on it for weeks. I suddenly feel my age and very vulnerable. Hospital wasn't pleasant, not enough staff meant that the help just wasn't there and I did what I always do, get on with it myself,but that led to me almost falling and it turned into an official incident. Now at home but totally dependent on my husband. I'm writing this not to have a moan or look for sympathy but to say I truly appreciate now the way I was before. I know how awful it feels to be helpless and vulnerable and if I didn't appreciate my reasons to be cheerful before I do now.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.