Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
is it possible to still receive PIP while being self employed?
I recently was awarded PIP after I was told to claim by CAB. This was after my contribution based ESA was ended after 12 month period. I suffer from a fluctuating fatigue syndrome, I have days where I am able to get about and other days where I am have difficulty getting out of bed. This has played havoc with my employment over the past few years, which leads me to ask the question- is it possible to still receive PIP while being self employed, if so, what are the limits on potential earnings/hours before I need to inform the relevant department? I currently receive about £220 a month in PIP payments. Hope this makes sense. Thank you.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.