Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


Hi i went sick on june 2 this year with a work related injury i had normal pay in june and a reduced pay in july bt no pay in august and the day after payday my employer sent a ssp1 form saying they could not pay me ssp from 2 june. Julys pay was an overpayment which they want back. I have been waiting for esa since august finally had £73.10 yesterday but have sent whether i can have tge back money to a decision maker i do not understand why. I have had no income for myself and my son since july i have lived on charity and food banks and now £350 in rent arrears and being evicted 5 days before xmas. Any help/ advice would be great. Thank you 


  • janice_in_wonderlandjanice_in_wonderland Member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    This must be such a very hard time for you and your child I really do feel for you & how you have managed 

    I am sorry that I am unable to advise but I sincerely hope things work out soon & you get back pay you're entitled to & housing benefit to resolve your rent arrears too and can remain in your home especially at Christmas 

  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi andrea and welcome

     So sorry that you are going through this

    You really need trained advice now either from CAB or firstly if you can, ring the Scope help line above.

    Please let us know if we can help in any way

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • AlexAlex Scope Posts: 1,324 Pioneering
    Hi Andrea,

    Sorry to hear what you're going through.

    @Debbie_Scope are you able to advise Andrea?
Sign in or join us to comment.