Outraged with no points — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Outraged with no points

Hi ime not sure if you received my earlier discussion I am new to these things but ime still holding my nil points assessment form in my hand after receiving it 6 hours ago in disbelief it's their fault I am in this condition because I was forced to jobhunt whilst waiting for a knee operation they have took my leg now they have stopped my pip payments OMG they,re literally not going to pay for it scandalous. What can I do ime thinking of giving up but I have beautiful who love me


  • gerrys6
    gerrys6 Member Posts: 120 Courageous
    Don’t give up appeal 
  • Colin3371
    Colin3371 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Mycase was a near year long battle.

    From being awarded 2 points - at the tier 1 tribunal I was awarded enhanced status on both.

    Point is don't give up - provide proof.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger

    Appeal.  First step is to ask for mandatory reconsideration (MR). You have to do this before you can appeal to a tribunal.

    Scope, CAB and Disability Rights (DR) sites all have guides to MR and appeals. DR also publish a Handbook which costs £15 but is very useful.

    65% of tribunal appeals succeed.

    DR also has a draft diary on their site.  You should submit a seven day diary if you have not already done so. List all the aids you use and how long it takes you to do things even using aids.

    Walking should have been measured outdoors.

    Have you asked DWP for copy of assessor's report as you will need this for to challenge DWP's decision.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering

    I agree with the advice from everyone else. I'm really sorry this has happened to you - it is far too common. But many people get their benefit back at appeal.

    First step is to request the mandatory reconsideration from the DWP. You can point to other evidence that you provided on the claim form or elsewhere. 

    The PIP self-test can be helpful if you haven't already done it - that gives you an idea of what you should have scored!

    If you have to go on to appeal then you can be a bit more detailed and point out where the assessment report is wrong (I think you've got a copy of this - if not, you can ask for one).

    If you can get support and advice locally then that's always helpful (eg Citizens Advice), but if you can't, then don't let that stop you from challenging this decision. Lots of people get their benefit back, as Matilda says, and you'll find lots of support on the forum.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.