Universal Credit WCA / ATOS Decision Letter - Secondary Sjogren's Complex G.A.D. & Paracosm — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal Credit WCA / ATOS Decision Letter - Secondary Sjogren's Complex G.A.D. & Paracosm

Rubikin
Rubikin Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2017 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone.  Yes, unfortunately another failed medical assessment, littered with lies, illiteracy, nonsense, corruption, bearing no relevance whatsoever related to my condition, the most barbaric badly written health report / summary I have ever seen in my life, I could hardly believe it. Consequently, my fate is to comply with the ''all work related activity group'' yet I have my occupational therapist saying I need to move out of a general needs property to a suitably adapted.  It is truly outrageous how this corporate filth are getting away with it.  I've now joined the boycott workfare charity online but it seems all their meetings are in London and elsewhere other than Buckinghamshire or Aylesbury being the closest, same with the mental health resistance network, dpac.uk.net,  and the wonderful informative LYNNE FRIEDLI seminars, some can be watched on youtube. Of course I find it frustrating because I want to engage with people in similar situations by actively taking part and I desperately need advocacy / representation and advice. 

I have emailed my work coach and expressed my disgust in the style of these assessments which I feared coming after all the horror stories around ATOS. The best he could come up with was I've got to send more supporting evidence and turn my face to face interview on 23/10/17 to a telephone appointment on 03/11/17.  I've been having telephone appointments for 6 months until the feedback from my WCA failed my entitlement to NO-WRAG. 

When I signed onto UC, I had a fit note ongoing, so I should have still been entitled to
ESA-except I was too exhausted to appeal the ESA-WCA at the time.  I've just learned that UC is only for people fit to work, I didn't meet the conditionality at the time so they were wrong to accept me and I now i'm paying the high price for having not gone to the CAB to ask them to review the outcome on the previous WCA.

Now it's too far down the line, i'm stuck on UC discriminating my health issues.  I live alone, no family no connections, and I just wish I had some emotional support to get through these hoops, I can't fight this battle anymore.. Someone there for me making phone calls and helping me build this argument better with my GP's and the DWP.  It is an incredibly overwhelming and lonely experience.  :(

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.