Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Coping with Disabled Abuse and reporting it to police
I went out clubbing for Halloween last night. I spent a while in the toilet as I had trouble getting in and out of my costume. When I got out of the toilet, I was verbally abused by a girl and called a spastic and a window licker for the time I took in the toilet. I apologized but she started singing Jake the Peg at me. Her friends apologized and dragged her away. I'd never met the girl or her friends before. I told a bouncer and gave a description of her and her friends. The bouncer contacted all the other bouncers and said she would be found & thrown out of the club. I'm still really upset today & I'm considering reporting it to the Police. Has anyone else reported disabled hate crime to the Police? I'm not sure if I can cope with the hassle of having to give statements or going to court. I haven't had that level of abuse since leaving school and it's really shocked me.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.