Can time for physio be part of a paid care plan? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can time for physio be part of a paid care plan?

kazzy1
kazzy1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hi, I am slowly fighting my way back from being a tetraplegic. My county council funded care plan is up for renewal. My care worker warned me they are wanting to make big cuts in my hours. She said they will not pay for someone to help with essential physio. Without help doing these exercises at home I am never going to get up and walking but will deteriorate. I cannot do these exercises alone. There is no point in going to see my physio once a week if I am not going to continue the work at home. Can they cut this? Surely this is going to mean I will end up needing more care in the long run. Very short sighted. Any helpful info or comments greatfully received. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kazzy1, I can imagine that this is a worrying situation for you to be in. It's difficult for any of us to predict what decisions may be made, but I wonder if @Angela_Scope can add anything to this?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi kazzy and welcome

It is great that you are determined, I am humbled by your effort and really hope that you can continue
    Have you anything definate about the cuts ?
    It might be an idea to involve your local MP.
    You sound like a fighter and we are here to help and support in any way we can

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kazzy1
    kazzy1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Thanks. Oh I'm not giving up! Luckily got a friend who is a social worker albeit the other end of the country, she is prepared to be an expert witness and advocate.
    Its just a bloody shame you have to fight to get the correct care. Fighting to get back upright and walking is a big enough struggle xx
  • forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Have you looked into NHS Continuing Care funding?  It is complicated but worth at least exploring (but arm yourslef first with all the relevant legislation as you may well be fobbed off)  Also it does not have to be "all or nothing" they can part fund alongside Social Services

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.