knocked back :-( — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

knocked back :-(

Options
mandalea
mandalea Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi I'm new to all of this, I applied earlier this year for the first time ever even though I hold down my job ( I need to work as I need a reason to wake up and get up, I need a purpose or I would stay festering in my bed constantly,  I suffer with fibro, severe depression and anxiety adenomyosis and endometriosis and other things, my life is just agony all the time, I had my face to face assessment on Friday the 13th (of all days) and should have seen this as a sign as today I received my letter saying I hadn't been granted it :'( its really knocked me down I feel rock bottom low and sick, the report was full of lies like she hadn't listened to a word I said and even commented that I made eye contact when speaking to her as a positive thing.... I'm fuming I was brought up to make eye contact when people speak to you I have manners just because I suffer depression and anxiety doesn't mean I don't or cant use my manners....also real depression sufferers and people in constant pain constantly will agree with me that in front of strangers and loved ones we put a mask on automatically to hide the real pain panic depression and every other nightmare of our lives from them (you cant help it)  I'm so angry the amount of things she awarded me zero points is a joke she has made her own thing up as though it was someone elses report.... she even made me sit after the assessment and got me water as I almost passed out and was all clammy the day drained me but guess what ..... no mention of that!!! I'm definitely going to appeal but the thought of going through another assessment makes me want to throw up , I'm an absolute wreck right now.sorry for the rant this is all new to me and its horrible.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi mandalea and welcome

Unfortunately this is not uncommon
    There are two things to do now
    1) ask for a copy of the assessment report whch is different to the decision letter
    2) You have one month from the date of the letter to request a mandatory reconsideration. This is the first stage of appeal and is not known to change things very often.

Complaints about the assessment and assessor are not something that will win you an award. Your job now is to show that you meet the criteria for an award , complaints should be done separately.
    It is important to understand the points system, the descriptors and the criteria for an award. A good starting place is the self test on the B&W site

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

There is also a lot of info on this site, please have a good look around and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mandalea
    mandalea Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    thank you so much I will have a look I'm just so low at the minute just hiding away from everyone and everything, 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.