For everyone claiming PIP/ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

For everyone claiming PIP/ESA

wildlife
wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
I don't know how many of you have had lies written about you on your assessment reports but if you have this may be of interest to you. There is an act called the Data Protection Act that assessor's are contravening day after day when they type on the computer information about YOU. Please spare a minute to check out the ICO website. The link "for the public" leads you to being able to "report a concern". The Data Protection Act states that all personal data recorded about an individual should be correct. I am fighting ICO at the moment to take on my case and if they suddenly get snowed under with complaints it would help me and all those suffering this gross injustice to get it stopped. There  would be a proper investigation of assessment companies who, if found to be contravening the Act, would be forced to change their data collection process to writing the truth instead of the rubbish so many of us are reporting on forums and in the media. Also please tell your MP, mine is now helping me to check my assessor's qualifications and a false professional registration number. I also know of illegal practice amongst assessors that I can't talk about on a forum. This needs to be stopped before there are any more people committing suicide because they feel so helpless. This Act is in place to protect every one of us from being treated this way. Please use it. 

Comments

• gh49
    gh49 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Hi wildlife, like yourself and so many others I cannot believe the lies written in my report all u get from the DWP is assessors ‘have no reason to lie’ !!!! It infuriates me, I am in the process of complaining about assessor, I have just sent my appeal form yesterday aswell, my MR was pretty much a copy of what that assessor said, any point I raised just wasn’t answered, I will be more than happy “report a concern” thank you
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @gh49 That would be great. I've just got a case worker allotted to my case, however she has emailed asking for more evidence to prove the lies which I've sent but she also said they can't investigate every case but they take an overall view of companies that are not complying with the Data Protection Act and work with them to make them toe the line. As I said everyone who reports a case of incorrect data being recorded and used will help to change the system which is what we all want. It took ATOS 5 months to deny all the wrong doing I complained about. How is this justice in a civilized society? Thanks again.. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.