Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
For everyone claiming PIP/ESA
I don't know how many of you have had lies written about you on your assessment reports but if you have this may be of interest to you. There is an act called the Data Protection Act that assessor's are contravening day after day when they type on the computer information about YOU. Please spare a minute to check out the ICO website. The link "for the public" leads you to being able to "report a concern". The Data Protection Act states that all personal data recorded about an individual should be correct. I am fighting ICO at the moment to take on my case and if they suddenly get snowed under with complaints it would help me and all those suffering this gross injustice to get it stopped. There would be a proper investigation of assessment companies who, if found to be contravening the Act, would be forced to change their data collection process to writing the truth instead of the rubbish so many of us are reporting on forums and in the media. Also please tell your MP, mine is now helping me to check my assessor's qualifications and a false professional registration number. I also know of illegal practice amongst assessors that I can't talk about on a forum. This needs to be stopped before there are any more people committing suicide because they feel so helpless. This Act is in place to protect every one of us from being treated this way. Please use it.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 924 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.