Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Montymarvel4268!
Hi, I am feeling a bit shy about this, I am a cat lover, am disabled and have ill health and very anxious about the benefit changes, also continuing paying my rent, as they won't pay all my housing benefit. So very unsure about my future housebound mostly very unwell , isolated, lacking in support , friends, advice direction etc, sorry I've said too much now , anyway don't know how this all works as only just found the site, I've used my cats name as couldn't think of user name. I am currently on dla income support , but worried about the brutal and unfair Pip assessment, I know questions are designed to make you feel, also worried that the stress of it will make me more unwell. And that they will give me an assessment that penalises me unfairly resulting in me being in a worse situation plus unable to pay difference in my rent too. Has anyone got any advice, sorry this is long.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.