Mantary reconsder

mandy18a
mandy18a Community member Posts: 47 Listener
edited November 2017 in Benefits and income
Sorry about spelling my boss is willing to do me a letter of support as been off work again with depression anxiety and shoulder and hip pain due to accident outside work what does he need to put in the letter please 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,765 Championing
    Hi @mandy18a, sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you're as comfortable as possible today.

There are some resources online that may be useful, such as this downloadable document for GPs on completing fit notes. There's also more information for patients on how the process works on the GOV.UK website. I'm sure your GP will be well practiced in writing fit notes, but there's no harm in taking a look at the resources to make sure you have everything you need. Hope this helps!
  • mandy18a
    Hi pippascope i have just been awarded 8 points for pip so doing a mandorary reconsider and my boss is willing to do me a letter to support my claim but was wondering what he needs to put on letter of support please x
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,765 Championing
    Ah apologies @mandy18a, not a fit note you need then. Hopefully a benefits advisor will be in touch soon who will be better informed to advise you on this than me! Best of luck with your mandatory reconsideration, keep us updated!
  • mandy18a
    Thank you as its got to be in by 22nd november not long thank you x
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,195 Championing
    Hi mandy and welcome

How well does your boss know you ?

A letter of support from a third party should give details of how they know you, how long they have known you for and how your condition affects the things you can do in regards to the PIP descriptors in the context of your relationship.

Your boss would not normally have detailed knowledge of you at home, washing, dressing, cooking etc.

CR
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Trailblazing

Hi @mandy18a

So on a basic level there are two things to consider when doing a reconsideration/appeal:-

(1) how do I meet the criteria for the benefit?  As regards this, benefits and work do a 'PIP self-test' which gives a handy indication, and the points etc are accessible online (links below).

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-self-test

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

(2) what evidence can I get? the evidence needs to support the extent you meet the criteria for the benefit i.e. your limitations in washing/dressing/cooking/walking/etc. As CR states, a letter from your boss may have limited value depending on how well he knows about your difficulties with the activities.

Citizens advice do a good guide for requesting a reconsideration, and going to appeal which you may find useful (link below).

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration/

Hope this helps! Do let us know if you need anything further.

Kind regards,

Mary

• mandy18a
    Hi cockneyRebel sent mantotory reconsideration how long does it take please once sent off 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Trailblazing
    Hi mandy18a,

It can take anything between 6 and 8 weeks for a mandatory reconsideration to be decided upon.

Lee