If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip tribunal

julie1halljulie1hall Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi , help needed , attended my daughters (17) pip tribunal today which was apparently unusually postponed as the panel weren't satisfied with some of the medical evidence. She was awarded 4points of daily care after assessment stage then 6 points on reconsideration stage . Other people today had representation but we just attended on our own! How do people get representatives as I know citizens advice bureau no longer can provide this service . 
Thanks in advance ! We need help for the next date probably Jan! 


  • janice_in_wonderlandjanice_in_wonderland Member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @julie1hall
    It's a good question 
    Social Services?
    Support workers? 
    I'm sure other people need to know too

  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Representation is hard to come by and is questionable how much use it is. It is not a criminal trial. For the most part the tribunal want to ask the claimant questions to understand the problems they have. The best person to explain your problems is you

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @julie1hall, representation seems to be something that some people choose to source locally.

    To echo what others have said, it isn't necessary to have representation for a successful appeal, but if this is something you do want to pursue, you may like to investigate any local services in your area. There are some independent services such as this organisation, but I presume there will be fees involved here which may not make them a suitable route for everybody.
  • JusticeJustice Member Posts: 206 Pioneering
    Hi @Julie,
       I think everyone is so busy as there are so many cases being sent to tribunal due in my opinion to the inefficiency of the assessors. I know in our case ( My Husband has Parkinson's Disease), that the welfare officer from that organization has told us to contact them again as soon as he has to apply for PIP, they will assist with the form, and try to make it so that he does not have to have a face to face. I know that many people with Parkinson's have been turned down, and that Parkinson's UK have attended the tribunals, and helped them to win their case.
    With this in mind perhaps approach whichever charity or organization is involved with the illness/disability suffered by those having the assessment.
    There is also an organization called " Fightback for Justice", they seem to have a great deal of success from what I have read, but they do charge, you would have to find out  how much the cost is. Hope this helps.
  • julie1halljulie1hall Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks for all the advice , I had already spoke to the crohns / colitis national charity and they suggested CAB but they no longer provide representation. I just saw that all the other attendees waiting their turn had representatives with them and thought we were the only ones who didn't!! Its slightly annoying that they would have to ask a 16 year old the most personal detailed information to a panel of complete strangers!!  
    I felt sick and now we have to do it all again in a few weeks.
Sign in or join us to comment.