Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Help! How do I encourage my toddler to talk and stop mi.ucking his non verbal ASD brother?
I have a son who just turned 3 who was very recently diagnosed with autism. He is not verbal. He has a brother who is 14 months younger (he will be 2 in january). He is showing no signs of autism but is also non verbal. We believe he is mimicking his older brother as he makes exactly the same sounds as him which are vowels, syllables and intonation. So how do i get my younger son to copy me and make words rather than copy his older brother? Thanks. Ingrid
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.