Lost my lower rate of Pip after an assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost my lower rate of Pip after an assessment

Options
Alan1957
Alan1957 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I resently had a DWP PIP assessment, were I’m told I didn’t now qualify for the lower rate of motobility. Even though I now have a new condition of gout. I originally qualify because I also have arthritis and spondylitis. It stated in the report that I declined to undertake the musculoskeletal assessment however I managed to rise from sitting without difficulty, which demonstrated adequate hip movement & walking to the assessment room using 1 stick. That didn’t take any significant amount of pain relief. It states that I managed these activities unaided & I can stand & then move more than 200 metres. How can that be determined from my slower than normal walk from the sitting area in a building to an assessment room on the same level in the same building not even 50 metres away. All the time I was then in the assessment room. I was in pain in my feet for one,I even apologise for having to take my shoes off because of this. Yet that wasn’t mentioned. I have morphine patches which release hourly. I take amitryptoline pain relief,co-codamol & also use capcacium pain relief cream. How much more do they assesses as being a significant amount of pain relief. O yes & I use ice packs as well to help with pain & swelling. The whole report is either a lie or at the very least not explained fully about my conditions & how they affect my ability to do things. Sorry for the lengthy message. 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Alan1957

You need to ask DWP for a mandatory reconsideration (MR).  Disability Rights (DR) site has a guide to MRs and Tribunal appeals.
  • Alan1957
    Alan1957 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments & help. Yes I’ve asked for a MR. At the moment I have no new evidence. I’m awaiting on the results of a resent MRI scan on my knee.( suspected maniscus tear ). This happened after the assessment & been referred to physiotherapists. Was also receiving physiotheripy on my ankles but can’t do the excercises with my knee injury. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.