Lost my lower rate of Pip after an assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost my lower rate of Pip after an assessment

Options
Alan1957
Alan1957 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I resently had a DWP PIP assessment, were I’m told I didn’t now qualify for the lower rate of motobility. Even though I now have a new condition of gout. I originally qualify because I also have arthritis and spondylitis. It stated in the report that I declined to undertake the musculoskeletal assessment however I managed to rise from sitting without difficulty, which demonstrated adequate hip movement & walking to the assessment room using 1 stick. That didn’t take any significant amount of pain relief. It states that I managed these activities unaided & I can stand & then move more than 200 metres. How can that be determined from my slower than normal walk from the sitting area in a building to an assessment room on the same level in the same building not even 50 metres away. All the time I was then in the assessment room. I was in pain in my feet for one,I even apologise for having to take my shoes off because of this. Yet that wasn’t mentioned. I have morphine patches which release hourly. I take amitryptoline pain relief,co-codamol & also use capcacium pain relief cream. How much more do they assesses as being a significant amount of pain relief. O yes & I use ice packs as well to help with pain & swelling. The whole report is either a lie or at the very least not explained fully about my conditions & how they affect my ability to do things. Sorry for the lengthy message. 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Alan1957

You need to ask DWP for a mandatory reconsideration (MR).  Disability Rights (DR) site has a guide to MRs and Tribunal appeals.
  • Alan1957
    Alan1957 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments & help. Yes I’ve asked for a MR. At the moment I have no new evidence. I’m awaiting on the results of a resent MRI scan on my knee.( suspected maniscus tear ). This happened after the assessment & been referred to physiotherapists. Was also receiving physiotheripy on my ankles but can’t do the excercises with my knee injury. 

Brightness