Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Spinal stenosis and Fibromyalgia and want to leave work
Hello, I have just joined and I’m looking for some advice please. I have Spinal stenosis and Fibromyalgia which leaves me in chronic pain. My Doctor is not supportive, I live on my own and have to work to support myself. I work on a checkout in a supermarket which involves a lot of heavy items which causes my back to lock up. I have asked my Doctor to support me in leaving work and trying to claim benefit to help me stop being in so much agony, she refuses by saying it won’t help my depression to give up work, even though I tell her how much pain it causes me. I am 59 years of age. Does anyone have any advice for me please, I feel like I am knocking my head against a wall.
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 661 Work and employment
- 527 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 848 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.