What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What help can we get?

hickem01hickem01 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all,
My son (adult) suffered a spinal injury some 6 months ago and after spending time at Stoke
Mandeville as an inpatient, has recently been released and is now living in housing provided by the local council.

My son is aged 30+ and had been working and had his own life prior to the accident, obviously this has all changed now.

My concern at the moment is that since his release, we seemed to have been left on our own to deal with all sorts of aspects of home/healthcare and I feel at a bit of a loss.

My Son is very stubborn and reluctant to reach out for help, particularly if suggested by me.or members of the family

So my ask is:-

1) where is a good place to start to see what help we can from allowances, home help, back to work, etc?

I appreciate this is a very big question summarised in a few lines but i'm hoping it resonants with others, who could offer some good advice/guidance

Many Thanks in advance



Sign in or join us to comment.