Walking distance — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Walking distance

markant Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been advised by a DWP advisor to make a new cliam for PIP as my condition as changed. I went to see my new consultant a few weeks back and she did some Tests I have fallen arches and very flat feet she is thinking about an operation to break my feet and put an arch in to be honest I'm not very happy about it.
I know at this moment I only get middle rate for care and mobility but I have five different types of epilepsy spondolosis COPD the epilepsy is not controlled with violence against family members nothing I can do because I don't know I'm doing it.
I would like to ask if I applied again I get PIP now would they stop it until they make a new decision thanks.


  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger

    You wouldn't make a new claim because your condition has changed, you would simply advise the DWP of the change.   You would continue to be paid your current rate of PIP while they are making a decision.

    Reporting your condition has changed will trigger a new assessment.  Unfortunately, many who have reported a change for the worse, after reassessment have had their benefits reduced, not increased!  And then have had to appeal.

    Reporting a change for the worse is risky.  You might want to phone Scope Helpline for advice.  Or ask your local CAB or similar advice organisation.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.