Drs payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Drs payment

Arnold
Arnold Community member Posts: 35 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Why when I requested a letter of my Dr for my pip form I was going to be charged £25and even a printout of my disabilities and medication I was being charged£10 I was told that pip get in touch with the GP so let pip pay it ???

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Arnold and welcome

Letters supporting benefit claims fall outside of the NHS so GP's are entitled to charge a private fee
    PIP do not regularly write to GP's and only say that they may do. In  cases when they do contact your GP it is usually with a form that is of little use to support your claim.

Unlike DLA, medical evidence will not win you an award for PIP and only goes so far in support of your claim as PIP is more about functionality than condition

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.