PIP assessment file lost after spending over 2 hours with assessor! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment file lost after spending over 2 hours with assessor!

blysie27
blysie27 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I had my initial PIP assessment done on Wednesday with a really nice assessor who seemed to understand my condition. Just had a phone call this morning saying they have lost my report!! I am fuming. I spent over 2 hours answering questions &  carrying out the actions they asked me to do. I have to go back again now tomorrow and do it all again probably with a different person.Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 215 Listener
    Take no notice they lost that quick didn't they what's going on there! Gets me thinking. 
  • blysie27
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @blysie27 You need help urgently to sort this out. This should not have happened. I suggest you ring the Scope helpline for advice as to where you stand. Under normal circumstances you can cancel one assessment so that might be an option to give them more time to find it. Was it DWP who rang or IAS/Capita? If you do speak to anyone about this get their name and write down what was said and the date and time of the call.  
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is rare but I have heard of this happening. In one case the assessor resigned without sending the report. In another the assessor claimed that the laptop was stolen. You should not have to repeat the process but without the report it will be difficult to make a decision. If there is any positive then you already know what to expect.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • blysie27
    Thank you for your comments. Wildlife it was the assessment company that phoned me this morning. I have phoned DWP to tell them what has happened. Just hope I get an understanding assessor tomorrow and one that understands my condition. The last one was an occupational therapist 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    The report should be on the assessor's hard drive and therefore the assessment company's IT dept should be able to recover it.  Suggest that you take @wildlife's advice, rearrange your appointment for as late as they'll allow and ask for the IT dept to recover the report in the meanwhile; if they are able to do this, then of course there'd be no need for a second assessment.
  • blysie27
    I did ask them in the phone if it would be backed up but they said it hadn’t been saved?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    This warrants a very serious complaint to the assessment company.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    It sounds like no report was done and the online data was deleted otherwise they'd be looking for a written report and not saying you need another assessment so soon. Definitely you need to put in a complaint for this to be investigated. I suggest you also contact your MP and tell him/her what's happened
  • blysie27
    just to update you I have sent an email of complaint to the PIP Assessment service. I will let you know their reply as soon as I hear from them

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.