Turned down onEnhanced payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Turned down onEnhanced payment

Wrexhamreds17
Wrexhamreds17 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I have been turned down on my enhanced pip payment and so my vehicle has had to go back hence leaving me struggling to get to my hydrotherapy,pain management clinic and also the balance and exercise class also going to a private clinic for pain relief . I will struggle to get to these appointment without it. I had the same trouble last time and on that case it was overruled and my car was returned but this time even though my condition has not improved they will not over rule it this time also with stopping my enhanced rate I will also loose my blue badge which again with my condition will be a big inconvenience. So much for a merry Christmas.

Comments

• regent
    regent Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Hi Wrexhamred17
    Please be advised.....A Blue badge is issued to the Person, Who doesn't have to own a vehicle, only use the badge when in a vehicle.
    If you have a Badge and your condition has not improved you should keep your badge, which is issued by your local authority. At the  time of badge renewal, apply to continue to the Local authority who will do a desktop assessment  of your application, if there are  any questions they will ask you to attend for OT [Occupational Therapist] physical assessment,  
    You and others could consider using your Motor Vehicle local dealers, say FORD, for their Mobility scheme and NOT the DWP scheme, so in any event you  keep the vehicle but YOU  have to continue payments.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Wrexhamreds17 and welcome

We see many people with similar stories

Have you had a copy of the assessment report ?

Have you been to tribunal and been refused ?

Do you have a standard mobility award for the moving around activity ie.8 points ?
    If so then you still qualify for a BB. If not then you need to apply to your local council.

How long is your current award for ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    You have to remember that the criteria for mobility has changed. Do you have any evidence to state you actually meet the criteria for enhanced mobility? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.