Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi it is highly likely that I will have to stop working because of a disability I have . It's called Charcot foot (Charcot Neuropathy)it is a disease mainly associated with people who have Diabetes and they tend not to feel pain, however I don't have Diabetes so I'm suffering a great deal of pain which is limiting my mobility quite quickly so I will likely have to stop working ( I am a registered nurse) I need to find out what benefits i may be entitled to claim for stopping work and also for cutting down on the hours I work ..I find it very confusing and I need to act quickly in order to save my foot from a very real risk of amputation because i am making it worse by walking on it ...I would appreciate your help please.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 750 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.