Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is ZacHallam!
Where to begin? Ive had spondylosis of my lower spine for a while now and arthritis in my knees and shoulders. Slowly I am losing my mobility and use a stick and have a wheelchair too. I try to walk but there's no getting away from the pain, I don't sleep and although I'm a positive person with a positive outlook this last six months has taken its toll. Suddenly I find myself isolated and alone wondering what's next. I haven't joined this site for sympathy but to hopefully talk, listen and learn from those in a similar position because I can't believe that I'm alone with all that's going on in my life as a result of my situation. I've practically stopped going out my confidence has gone, suddenly I find myself sitting looking out of the window as my mental well being slips away. I don't know I honestly don't so here I am and if anyone can help in any way I would be grateful. Kind Regards, Zac.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.