Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Disabled but needed a holiday
hi my wife was diagnosed with inoperable cancer in her back-passage about three years ago ,she underwent radical chemo and radio and is still a oncologist,her tumour had eaten through the wall of her back passage into her Vigina,it's also left her with a fistula in her back passage ,which gives her infection after infection and left her with a illiostomy bag for life ,also a very large hernia,and other issues ,my point is that after talking to her oncologist he said that she needed a good holiday ,so our whole family went to menorca for two weeks with my wife in a wheelchair,now she has had her DLA to PIP form should we say about the holiday ?her doctor has given her a letter to send to DWP stating that she is severely disabled also she gave her an emergency pack to go on holiday ,what should she do?HELP
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.