PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Disabled but needed a holiday

samparrot123samparrot123 Member Posts: 50 Courageous
hi my wife was diagnosed with inoperable cancer in her back-passage about three years ago ,she underwent radical chemo and radio and is still a oncologist,her tumour had eaten through the wall of her back passage into her Vigina,it's also left her with a fistula in her back passage ,which gives her infection after infection and left her with a illiostomy bag for life ,also a very large hernia,and other issues ,my point is that after talking to her oncologist he said that she needed a good holiday ,so our whole family went to menorca for two weeks with my wife in a wheelchair,now she has had her DLA to PIP form should we say about the holiday ?her doctor has given her a letter to send to DWP stating that she is severely disabled also she gave her an emergency pack to go on holiday ,what should she do?HELP

Replies

• NystagmiteNystagmite Member Posts: 609 Pioneering
    I wouldn't mention it. They will assume it's normal for her to be able to go on holiday.
  • DianeWa32669709DianeWa32669709 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I can sympathise with your wife as I have something similar however I’m still waiting for a clear diagnosis as I’m under neurologist for Tarlov cyst, but my main concern is that it is so uncomfortable to sit. I’ve had enough as everyday I have pain, like your wife. I’ll let you know if and when I get a diagnosis’s . Fistulars are difficult as they can track from one part of your body to the other. I hope your wife feels better soon the depression sucks a big
Sign in or join us to comment.