Hi, my name is belle46! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is belle46!

Options
belle46
belle46 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have Primary Progressive MS which came on suddenly when I was 47. I am now 63 and have learned to live with it.  My main issue is lack of awareness across society of what it means to be disabled which tends to make the able bodied treat us as somehow mentally impaired and therefore less important members of society. I could give you so many examples of this! Obviously I am making a fairly generalised assumption, not everyone is like that, but in my experience it’s pretty widespread.  How many of you can come up with examples of this issue? 

Other than that, I am a Mum, Grandmother and just recently a Great-Grandmother! I am also a politics graduate. I love reading, cinema and theatre (when accessible!) and spending time my family.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.