Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Refused ESA 4 times - on job seekers but can't work - help!
Hi just a few words about myself i am a 56 year old male i have had rheumatoid and ostio arthritis plus a few other medical problems first of all i have worked hard since i was 16 however the last few years i have not due to my severe arthritis i need a double knee replacement and currently awaiting surgery i have been on ESA employment support however i have now been told for the 4th time that i do not qualify for ESA and now been put on job seekers allowance my mobility is very poor and the pain is constant even tho i am on medication to try to alleviate the pain but as anyone knows who as this condition this is on going pain and frustration i totally feel let down by the very system put in place to help anyone who are unfortunate to have health problems i also feel the point system used by health care professionals are really unfair stereotyping people who have disability and mobility problems noting that i turned up to the assessment as normal clean and tidy but this is a part that points are awarded so basically if i had turned up unwashed and unkempt they would award you points i am totally frustrated and dont know what to do next please any advice would be gratefully appreciated kind regards Paul.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.