Hi, my name is pamo5! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is pamo5!

Options
pamo5
pamo5 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I've been with DLA for 15 years and had a mobility car. Until they changed to PIP. I was then told I was not allowed the enhanced rate. I don't know how and why they came to this decision as I never received any of the copy of what the assessment had been said.  I phoned up and asked them to look at their decision again, and they still say I'm not entitled to the enhanced rate.
I'm suffering from severe asthma, I've also got a steel rod in my right wrist after a bad fall. I  also suffering from bac, neck and shoulder injuries. I've had pneumonia since November 2017  and it's still ongoing. I'm rapidly falling into depression,but trying my hardest not as I have a wonderful family. At the moment my grandchildren are keeping me sane. I cannot go on buses due to my back, neck injury, due to the jering etc. The car we have now is very low so it takes an effort to get into,and getting out of it is even a bigger effort, and not very comfortable for me to travel. The reason for this is being it was the only type we could afford. As I need a car to transport me to and from different hospitals. I'm at the end of my tether, and don't know what to do.
On top of it all my husband  had a quadruple heart bypass in August 2010. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi pamo and welcome

This happens a lot with the change from DLA to PIP. They use different criteria for awards and PIP has been made harder

Did you ask for a copy of the assessment report ?
    You have one month from the date of your decision letter to appeal to the tribunal

There is lots of info on here about appeals so please have a look around
    It is important to understand the points system, descri[ptors and criteria for an award. a good place to start is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome, @pamo5! I hope the above information is useful.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.