Need help with housing and debt — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Need help with housing and debt

nefertiti Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi there im new to the site but i dont really know wot to say r where to go from here. I have several health issues disabilities and support needed desperatly to help sort a multitude of probs from serious housing problems debts fears many things maybe someone can help me. I have no suppport wat so ever thanku in advance hope to hear soon thnx


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nefertiti

    It’s great to meet you this morning.

    Please please have a good look around our site.

    If there is any “help/support” that I can help you with please please let me know!!!!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nefertiti
    Welcome to the community, we have lots of members here who could offer their experiences as well as advisors who may be able to help.

    Do you want to give us a bit more information?

    Also have you considered going to see the Citizens Advice?
    Senior online community officer
  • Sue52
    Sue52 Member Posts: 78 Courageous
    [email protected]

    Happy Sunday  :smile:
    There are many many people that can help you on this site and the advice is invaluable. As well as the CAB have you tried a charity called STEPCHANGE, they will help you sort your debts out. You fill in the initial form online (if you are not comfortable with that you can call them). The number is 
    0800 138 1111
    Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-4pm

    They helped me last year when I went from working full time to part time and my wages were drastically reduced. They contact the companies for you, have the interest stopped. The letters from the debtors stop as well which makes you feel better straight away. Do contact them they are really very good. 
    If you are in arrears with your rent, please contact your landlord straight away and try to make a arrangement to pay. You will be surprised at the help that you can get. You just need to hold out your hand and let someone help you 
    Take care 

  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nefertiti, how are you doing today? 
  • nefertiti
    nefertiti Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi thanku for everyones advice a little more info here we go then..... first i suffer with osteo n rhuematoid arthritis also secondary to r/a i have fybromyalgia also M.E. partial loss off feeling and unable to move my rite foot i walk n i can see my own heel. Im an asthmatic also angina also severe depression untold lesions on my brain suffer with severe degenerative spinal disease also bulging discs and severe spinal stenosis most awful pain but push myself . Angina and only recently diagnosed with cerebal vascular dosease. And continue to have tia's pain not managed well dont trust my hospital as they od me on morphine and i nearly died.My are **** make me feel im too much trouble not worth bothering with. It took me 4 wks after suffering nosebleeds i found out high b.p. was to blame averaging179/129-138 my gp sed my bp was fine took anaethsatist at hospital faxed them saying i needed urgent treatment but took arguing bak n forth wiv gps then it was jere u go u dont need them but hey have em. All my family history heart disease / strokes cared fr my bro fr 7 yrs die to him having severe brain damage after 2 maj strokes i lost my sis massive heart attack my siblings 1 bro 2 sis all dead 63 my Dad  at 46 yrs. I feel so utterly alone i have no life my husbands my carer hes awful n abusive to me bailliffs wanting parkin fines he got i only found out about it he always intimidates me verbally abusive ive had no relationship n we have sep rooms for 6 yrs now no affection love intimacy r friendship my house unsuitable fr my disabilities. I was stanbed 7 yrs ago n see my attacker regular was in hosp 1 week nr died emerg we in mortgage in mess pay it weekly wiv his carers of 63 quid so all weekly gone no money from thereall week fortnite money pays bils n may get to spend 40 quid on petrol n food. Monthly pays mortgage arrears i pay off my care component n other bils leaves me with nothing for my care needs was refused help after referal to foodbank and we had nothing. I find memories awful fr appts husband used to remem fr may but that causes abuse as my care suffers so lonely cant tell my kids how aful couple know but my ot sent letter to council to tehome me but there restricting me on wot i can bid on ive no chance yet on best band fr bidding. I had letters from police saying i was still at serious risk and womans aid all wrote council. I cant shower r get in bath cos my probs im stuk up r downstairs go hungry thirsty if my husbands in bad mood wat is more ofyen that not meds go missing n all my gold had been stolen only person new combo fr safe was him . House in his name ive been told i can seperate n claim fr myself n he fr himself as we have no marital relationship in anyway shape r form but fighting fr 6 yrs to move from him n to care fr myself better im sorry so much to take in and ive only gleamed surface afyer my stabbing my main support was my 2nd oldest girl  but one halloween she was raped n nr murdered so left the town we live in . My grandaughter six has brain probs with pineal gland. My kids are scattered but got car but neva nuff petrol to visit. Was recently told if disabled someone i know wiv ms sed u can claim fuel aslong as either cant memba exact either 15 r 20 quid bak each time from government how n who i dont know n only by accident i bump into the lady. She was advising me she too has mobility car. Anyway thanku if u have had time or inclination to tead this i have only my Fad in glasgow. Im worksop notts cant visit cos cant afford it c him at my mums funeral 7yrs nr 8 ive not c him my stepdad but only one i knew again a huge thanks xxx
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nefertiti, thanks for coming back to us and sharing this.

    I just wanted to let you know that I've read it all and want to offer my deepest sympathies for all that you and your family have been through. It sounds like things are really difficult for you at the moment, and I think Scope's Helpline team may be best placed to advise you further- you can reach them at 0808 800 3333 or contact them online. Is this something you'd be able to do?
  • nefertiti
    nefertiti Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanx fr reply pippa


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.