Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is Hichris1!

Hichris1Hichris1 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there I was diagnosed with autism at the age of 4 then again at 13 but I am being treated by the mental health act for shizophrenia does anyone out there know who I can call to discuss my diagnosis as I believe I'm being given the wrong treatment being injected with 500  clopixol fortnightly please help


  • GeoarkGeoark Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,375 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Hichris1 and welcome to the community.

    With very few exceptions those being treated under the mental health act have the right of access an Independent Mental Health Advocate (IMHA) . You should make clear that you have a diagnosis of Autism as the local authority have a duty to ensure they have sufficient advocates who specialise in autism.

    What I am not sure about is how you would request access to the IMHA service. If you can I would suggest calling the Scope helpline, 0808 800 3333 or email them at [email protected] if they don't know they are very good at finding out.

    As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Sign in or join us to comment.